Positive Behaviour for Learning
Positive Behaviour for Learning is a broad range of systemic and individualised strategies for achieving important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behaviour.
School-wide Positive Behaviour for Learning Goals
1. To build systems that make it easier to teach and therefore easier for our students to learn
2. Create environments that encourage (rather than discourage) school-appropriate behaviour
3. Teach all students what is expected
4. Provide a continuum of behaviour and learning support to students who need more support to be successful
So what does PBL look like at Bidwill Public School?
Our Core Values
• There are expectations of behaviour for all settings
• Our Values are displayed on posters in rooms and other settings
• Our Values underpin all teaching and are explicitly taught
• Positive, consistent language is used
• Our Values are reinforced through practices e.g. Bunya Awards, Good Ones.
Good Ones Bidwill Bunya Award
The triangle below shows the approach we take at Bidwill to how we place systems of support for all of our students.